Sunday, February 19, 2012
Sunday, February 12, 2012
From the MSHA report:
This incident happened on Monday the 29th of September 2003. A fitter with a work van left an E size Ox and Acetylene cylinder on the back seat of a Toyota dual cab over the weekend. The Acetylene cylinder v was not fully closed and a leak occurred.
Over the weekend the Acetylene accumulated in the van. On Monday morning the fitter approached the va opened the door, a large explosion took place. The ignition may have been caused by either the circuitry, the automatic door control, mobile phone which was on the front seat of the van, or lighting a cigarette. The fitter was also a smoker. He has damage to his ear drums and facial damage. As you can see by the att photo he was very lucky. Don't let safety be something you learn by accident.