These great photos came in this week from a new reader of the blog.
RC702 first Long Travel
'New' FMG reclaimer first movement (not no-load commissioning). This occurred during the recent cyclone.
Instructions were to:
· Ensure all LT and Slew brakes were engaged
· 10t sling restraining each corner of the machine
· Wedges to be placed on LT wheels, and
· Boom to be luffed down and secured to crane counter weights
· 2 out of the 12 LT brakes were engaged
· 3t come-alongs were used
· Wedges were not put in correctly, and
· The sling securing the boom came off in the high winds
Result: the machine moved 204m up hill on the rail and only stopped when the 3 leading bogies fell off the end of the rail, and the yard hold down roller frame was tipped over and jammed into the impact table. There were no end buffers in place so these hold down bolts were ran over.
Cost: 3-4 weeks extra delays in finishing reclaimer, and damage to 200m of belt and structure.